We respect your privacy
At BeBanjo we value and respect your privacy and the security of your personal data. That is why we process your personal data in compliance with the applicable legislation on personal data protection (including the General Data Protection Regulation or “GDPR”).
Within the scope of our commitment to protect your privacy and the security of your personal data, we wish to explain in all transparency:
- what our role as controller or processor of personal data comprises of;
- which personal data we process and how we collect it;
- why we collect, use and save personal data; and
- what your rights and our obligations are in this respect.
The controller/ processor of your personal data
In some cases, BeBanjo might act as the controller of your personal data. This means that it will decide why and how your personal data will be collected and used. BeBanjo may process personal data in its capacity of operator of the website you visit (for visitors of our website) or as otherwise provided in this policy.
In some cases BeBanjo might act as a processor, meaning that it simply processes personal data on behalf of another controller. E.g., in its capacity as company with which you or your employer has developed a contractual relationship with (for representatives/contacts of our prospects, customers and suppliers who are natural persons).
Which personal data are processed and how are they collected?
Personal data are obtained by BeBanjo in various manners:
You provide some of it directly (such as by purchasing our product, signing up for trial use of our product, through contact forms that you complete, commercial actions that you sign in for or upon payment transactions). When you use our services, we collect information from you in various ways:
To register and manage your user account to access our products or services, you have provided us with the following information:
- Your first name, last name, email address and user name;
- Your function, business phone number;
- A password, if your organisation uses BeBanjo ID for authentication (i.e., your organisation does not have a central authentication service integrated with the BeBanjo products). Following security best practice, we only store an encrypted hash of this password;
- IP Address;
- Optionally an avatar picture and some user preferences (e.g., your preferred time zone and language).
- When you send us your CV to apply for a vacancy, we collect the information contained on it, e.g., first name, surname, nationality, physical address, personal phone number, personal email address…
- We also maintain your marketing preferences and the emails and other communications that you send us or otherwise contribute, such as customer support inquiries.
- You might also provide us with information in other ways, including by responding to surveys, submitting a form e.g., for events.
We may receive some personal data from third parties:
- We may process following types of personal data: Identification and contact data; Professional data; Connection data; any other information you choose to provide.
BeBanjo does not process or collect sensitive data. This is a specific set of “special categories” data revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade union membership, and the processing of genetic data and biometric data.
What do we process your personal data for?
We always process your personal data for the particular purpose of handling your requests or provide our products or services in general. We only process the data that are necessary for achieving that purpose. More specifically we process personal data for the following purposes:
- Supply our product and services to customers: In order to provide you with access to our products and/or services we need your first name, surname, email address. This way we can offer our services, provide support, respond to your inquiries and keep you updated on the status of the ongoing projects. In addition we may use your information to contact you in order to inform you about our product or services (e.g. We send you emails about upgrades or service-related announcements.)
- Complying with law: Comply with applicable legal requirements, such as tax and other government regulations and industry standards, contracts and law enforcement requests.
- Enforcement: Enforce our customer contracts and other legal terms or policies.
- Improvement of our products and services: We are continuously searching to improve our services. To this effect we may use your personal data to ask you to participate in a customer or market survey, product feedback survey, … Sometimes third parties carry out those surveys. We may collect data for bug management purposes, in order to be able to track and revert back to end-users.
- Management and improvement website: We also use the data of the persons visiting our website to manage and improve these website as well as to analyse the use thereof.
- Management of customers, suppliers and partner programmes: We store the contact details of our business customers and partners to manage the relationship with these customers and partners.
- Marketing communications: when you subscribe to our marketing list, your information will be used to invite you to events and keep you updated with information and key announcements. You may unsubscribe at any time by emailing “unsubscribe” to email@example.com or from any marketing email you receive from us by selecting “unsubscribe”. We use Mailchimp to manage our marketing lists. Mailchimp are a widely used email service provided platform based in the UK. If you choose to unsubscribe from our marketing list, your email address will be held within the suppression list on the platform to ensure you receive no further marketing emails from us. Please click here to learn more about Mailchimp’s compliance with GDPR as a data controller. We will never share, sell, or rent individual personal information with anyone for their promotional use without your advance permission or unless ordered by a court of law.
- Security and fraud monitoring: We may process personal data to examine, prevent and fight fraud and protect our and other’s interests, rights, and property. We also make use of CCTV in our offices.
- Analytics: We may use your personal data for scientific research, market research & statistical research. This may include: analytics related to interactions with our social media pages, our products or services, …
- Recruitment: We may process personal data of job applicants in relation to our recruitment activities, for the management of job applications (any personal data that you provide when sending your CV to apply for a vacancy) including, but not limited to: Full name, email address, phone number, picture, cover letter, résumé, LinkedIn profile and which job you have applied for; notes and planning related to your job application; and Email communication).
How do we process your personal data?
We collect and use the personal data we have received based on your voluntary, explicit and specific consent, except when the processing is required for the execution of an agreement or for the compliance with an obligation that is imposed by law, decree, ordinance; or when the processing of the personal data is necessary for safeguarding our legitimate interest.
In that case we will verify whether your interest or your fundamental rights and freedoms do not override the above. Examples of such a legitimate interest are: providing a cost-effective service, offering our products and services to our customers, fraud prevention and the protection of our IT systems and networks, compliance with our corporate and legal responsibilities.
With whom my personal data are shared?
In principle your personal data are only accessible to the authorized personnel within BeBanjo that need to have access to those personal data in function of their professional tasks. In any case, those personal data shall only be processed for the purposes as described in article 4. All these members of our personnel are bound by strict internal rules and procedures with respect to the processing of personal data. They are also obliged to observe the technical and organizational measures that we have taken to protect your personal data.
Mergers and Acquisitions: in the future, BeBanjo may partner with or purchase another company to continue to do business as a combined entity, or BeBanjo may be acquired by another company. In this event, it is possible that your Personal Data may be transferred to the new business entity;
Such recipients may be located in jurisdictions outside the European Economic Area that may not guarantee an appropriate level of personal data protection. With respect to the transfer of the personal data to such jurisdictions, we shall take proper measures to make sure that the transfer is realized in accordance with the applicable rules relating to the international transfer of personal data and in accordance with our customer agreements.
Such recipients include following categories:
- Processors that provide market and statistical research & analysis;
- Processors who provide hosting of the Website and related databases;
- Processors who provide cloud and other supported software services for business processing, such as payroll or accounting software providers;
- Processors that provide communication services;
- Processors and controllers who act as a subcontractor for BeBanjo in the execution of the services that we provide you, such as event organizers;
- Processors and controllers that act as agents, resellers or distributors of BeBanjo;
- Controllers that provide professional services to BeBanjo such as accountants, lawyers and notaries;
- Companies associated with BeBanjo and its affiliates and Mediagenix nv.
- Companies that manage marketing lists such as Mailchimp.
Right to oppose the use of your personal data for direct marketing purposes
You can oppose the use of your personal data for direct marketing purposes at all times. To this effect you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by sending a letter to or send a letter to our DPO at Calle del Doctor Fourquet 27, 28012 Madrid, Spain. This right to oppose can also be exercised through every newsletter.
BeBanjo will not sell, distribute, or lease your personal data to third parties unless we are required by law to do so or with your permission.
You shall have the right to access your personal data and to have them rectified.
If you’d like to access and/or update the personal information you have provided to us for the use of our products or services (e.g., your email address) you may do so by selecting the “User account” option in the top-right menu of our products
In some cases you also have the right to restrict or object to the processing thereof or to have them erased. You also have the right, under certain circumstances, to data portability. To this effect you can send a request by email to email@example.com, or by sending a letter to our DPO at Calle del Doctor Fourquet 27, 28012 Madrid, Spain. Or if you are a customer by contacting your BeBanjo Technical Account Manager. In case of an email and posted letter, please insert a copy of your identity card or passport, so that we can verify your identity.
When you have given your consent for the processing of your personal data, you can withdraw that consent at any time, but in that case you should be aware of the fact that you will not be able to fully enjoy all services. Such withdrawal shall not affect the lawfulness of the processing based on the consent prior to the withdrawal thereof. If you are not satisfied with the way we process your personal data, you can inform us thereof and you have the right to file a complaint with the supervising authority that is competent for the protection of personal data. In Spain that is the Agencia Española de Protección de Datos https://www.aepd.es/es.
If you believe that any information we are holding about you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible at the above shown address. We will promptly correct any information found to be erroneous.
Protection of your personal data
We take all the necessary administrative, technical, and organizational measures to ensure the security and confidentiality of your personal data and protect your personal data against destruction, loss, abuse, unlawful granting of unauthorized access, to the transmitted, stored or otherwise processed data, either by accident or unlawfully, which more in particular may lead to physical, material or immaterial damage.
These measures take into account the state of technology, the implementation costs, as well as the nature, the size, the context and the processing purposes and also the probability and severity of the various risks for the rights and freedoms of natural persons that are related to the processing.
We store all customer personal data in the European Economic Area (“EEA”).
Retention of your personal data
Your personal data will be retained as long as necessary for achieving the purpose for which they were collected and in line with the legal, regulatory and internal data retention policy in this respect.
Links to other websites
BeBanjo is permitted to collect non-personal and anonymous data and anonymize personal data. This data does not allow BeBanjo to proceed to identify an individual person and this data can be shared with third parties, including for statistical purposes.
If you have questions or want to submit a request you can always contact us by sending an email to Our DPPO at firstname.lastname@example.org or by sending a letter to or send a letter to DPO at Calle del Doctor Fourquet 27, 28012 Madrid, Spain. We will be pleased to help you.