What we collect
When you visit the bebanjo.com website or use of any of the BeBanjo products, we automatically record your IP address, details of the device you use to connect (e.g., operating system and web browser) and the list of pages you visit. We use an anonymised cookie to do so.
In addition, if you have a user account to access our products, you have provided us with the following information:
- your first name, last name, email address and user name;
- a password, if your organisation uses BeBanjo ID for authentication (i.e., your organisation does not have a central authentication service integrated with the BeBanjo products). Following security best practice, we only store an encrypted hash of this password;
- optionally an avatar picture and some user preferences (e.g., your preferred timezone and language).
This information automatically collected and the information you have provided to us form together your “Personal Data”.
Note we do not record any sensitive personal data as defined by the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
What we collect this information for
We collect this Personal Data:
- to authenticate your access to the BeBanjo products and to ensure no unauthorised user can access our products or your data (i.e., to log you in);
- to keep an audit trail of who makes changes to the data held in our products (e.g., as shown on the Activity pages of our products);
- to customise the experience of our products to your chosen preferences (e.g., to show content in your preferred language);
for our internal operations, including:
- troubleshooting (e.g., understanding errors happening in the products);
- data analysis and research (e.g., measuring which browsers are most used);
- security monitoring (e.g., logging attempts of unauthorised access to the products).
We do not use your Personal Data for marketing purposes (i.e., you won’t receive marketing emails just because you’ve created a BeBanjo user account). We do not sell your Personal Data to third-parties.
Where we store the data
We store Personal Data in the European Economic Area (“EEA”).
Data processor and data controller
The data controller for the information you enter in the BeBanjo products is the organisation that provides you with a license to use the BeBanjo products, typically your employer.
We may share your Personal Data in the following circumstances:
Mergers and Acquisitions: in the future, BeBanjo may partner with or purchase another company to continue to do business as a combined entity, or BeBanjo may be acquired by another company. In this event, it is possible that your Personal Data may be transferred to the new business entity;
Law Enforcement Authorities: we may disclose your Personal Data in circumstances when we are required by law to do so.
Accessing your Personal Data
If you’d like to access and/or update the personal information you have provided to us (e.g., your email address) you may do so by selecting the “User account” option in the top-right menu of our products.
In addition, if you are a resident of the European Union, you have the right to request access to and correction of the Personal Data that we hold about you. This right of access and correction can be exercised in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or your BeBanjo Technical Account Manager.
We hope you’ll agree there is nothing sinister here. But if you have any concern, or if anything on this page is less than crystal clear, don’t hesitate. Ask your BeBanjo Technical Account Manager!